The most frequently asked questions on a speed date are - ‘What do you do?' ‘Where do you live?' ‘Have you been speed dating before?'
It's going to be a very boring repetitive night when you've been asked them 10 times.
Having another person show real interest in you is extremely flattering, so asking interesting questions should score good points with your date.
It's best to ask questions of interest or relative to you and then you will see if you have things in common or should be living on different planets.
Forget the closed questions that answer with a simple yes or no. Ask open ended or probing questions that encourage an interesting reply or explanation.
It's worth having some imaginative teasers up your sleeve to use when you sense the conversation's flagging.
You'd be surprised how interesting people can be if you ask the right questions!
Here are a few suggestions to get the ball rolling.....
- What do you do for fun?
- Describe your perfect Sunday morning?
- What's your passion in life?
- Is the glass half full or half empty?
- What attributes are you looking for in a person?
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
- If you won the lottery, how would you spend it?
- Do you have any phobias?
- What was the last movie you saw?
- What's your goal for this year?
- Which quality in someone most annoys you?
- Are you a morning or evening person?
- What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?
- Do you have any pets?
- What's your greatest claim to fame?
- What makes you happy?
- What's your favourite food?
- Who do you most admire and why?
- Where has been you favourite holiday destination?
- Have you ever seen a ghost?
- What was the last book you read?
- What is your most prized possession?
- What kind of music are you into?
- What's your most favourite childhood memory?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Is there one thing you couldn't live without?
- If you had 5 days to live, what would you do?
- What's your favourite colour jellybean?
- What TV programme do you never miss?